Google+ My Python Projects: Draw in the air with OpenCV Python : Part I Google+

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Draw in the air with OpenCV Python : Part I

This post discusses crude but a simple project to familiarize with OpenCV a bit more.

This post will present the code and the next post will give the explanations.

Introduction

This is a small and simple project I did yesterday within a hour or so.Though you may find many applications for this.

The Idea of this project is to trace the path of a object based on its color and draw it on the screen.

Requirements:
  • WebCam,
  • cv2(OpenCV), pygame, numpy python modules correctly installed
  • A specific colored object(I will use a Blue one)
  • A background with color other than the objects color.

Program:

download as text tracepath.py.txt

You can run this script blindly with a blue colored object and draw whatever you want in front of your webcam to have fun.I will be posting the explanations as a seperate post since, its a bit large and requires some time for me prepare it.So keep visiting the blog and I will catch you soon with the next post.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry viewers I couldn't update for the last week.
    I just joined for M.Tech away from home,but will catch up with it in two weeks

    ReplyDelete
  2. findContour returns 3 values. So add an extra variable and it's all good to go.

    ReplyDelete